Light and dark

Stepping into the food court itself, I was quite impressed with how this picture turned out, with the skylights and giant curtain wall really popping against the dark background of the rest of the food court. But I also wasn't thrilled with how different it looks compared to real life, so I decided to create an edited version too, which I'm also quite happy with! It's just too bad the neon and green lights weren't on, since they probably would have looked quite nice in the original photo. I don't think I've mentioned the odd construction of the glass wall here yet -- the top part is just one layer of glass, as you'd expect, but at the bottom of the gable there's a sloped section that connects to the top of the vestibule wall, rather than the vestibules being a separate thing inserted into the curtain wall as I'm more used to seeing. I don't think I've seen this design anywhere else!

Comments