Neon palace

That's right, this mall isn't just cool because it's perfectly preserved from the 90s, it would have been extremely cool when it was brand new too! There were a number of neon-themed malls built in the 90s, but from what I've heard from people on Discord (there are a lot of mall fans on there, who would know far more about malls than I do), Spokane Valley is one of only a very small number (perhaps just two or three) left in the US that still have their neon intact and operational. And I particularly love the blue-and-white color scheme here with jelly-jar accent lights in green, not exactly your typical 90s neon palette!

Comments

  1. At least in terms of tile and colors, especially the green, this image reminds me a bit of the building I used to work in where I used to work. That building was built in 1997 or 1998 as well so I suppose the similarities aren't a surprise. Of course, we didn't have neon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, even beyond the neon, this is an extremely 90s place! I've definitely seen some schools with a similar (though obviously way less elaborate) style too.

      Delete

Post a Comment