Directory view

At this point, I finally found a directory that wasn't being blocked by shoppers! As you can see from the map, the mall itself has a fairly normal layout with a single straight corridor, but the three anchor tenants are tacked on in rather weird locations (as is the theater, which we'll get back to soon enough). I've included closeups below -- sadly they're rather blurry as I can never seem to get my phone to focus properly on backlit signs like this, but you can still see the healthy occupancy this mall has.


Comments

  1. It's always nice to see a directory in a blog post about a mall. It's interesting to see Boston Pizza on there. Is that the same as the Canadian Boston Pizza chain? If so, I didn't even know they had locations in the US. It's also interesting to see the public library have a presence at the mall. I've seen that a few malls (the Mall of Abilene in Abilene, TX comes to mind), but it's something that isn't all that common.

    Somehow, I ended up in Bucharest, Romania on Google Maps today and I noticed how many shopping malls they have over there. Most of them are relatively new and are quite fancy compared to US malls. I reckon that if new indoor malls were being built in the US, they would look like these malls. Anyway, they have so many malls that I can't post them all here, but here are a couple of interesting ones if you want to look at them:

    https://goo.gl/maps/JpAZKnPtQGB46T2H8

    https://g.page/ParkLakeShoppingCenter?share

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, I always thought Boston Pizza in the US was completely separate from the Canadian chain, but I just looked it up and I guess not!

      Yeah, Eastern Europe seems to have quite a lot of interesting malls! There's someone on Discord that often posts about Czech malls.

      Delete

Post a Comment