Papel picado

Standing next to what was once the hot foods counter (at least, that's what I've heard Albertsons originally intended for the weird part of the deli along the front wall to be; in all of the stores with this layout that I've visited, it's seemed like Albertsons wasn't sure what to do with this space), here's a view down the front wall of the store, looking through the space in front of the pharmacy box. Off to the right, I believe this is the closest view of these Haggen murals that I've ever captured. I've always thought there was something a little offputting about the faces of the chefs in these murals...

Comments

  1. I agree about the chef faces! I'm also concerned about the giant "REMODEL" sign in the background...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sign is a bit of a mystery to me -- it didn't seem that anything was going on when I was here, which was last summer, and someone posted a very similar view to this one on Google Maps in March showing that nothing had changed. I suspect it's just an excuse for the big dead space on that side of the store, but I'm getting ahead of myself!

      Delete

Post a Comment