Tech, and luggage, and belts

I was surprised to see a tech department (even an ultra-tiny one like this) in Nordstrom in this day and age! It feels like they're really trying to keep some old department store traditions alive, which I certainly appreciate. (The corded phone-like power cord is an amusing sight too! 🙂) Off in the background is a display of luggage (hard plastic luggage like that has always looked old-fashioned to me, but clearly it's still a thing), with ties and such behind that.

Comments

  1. It's hard to really call this an electronics department, lol, but I guess something is better than nothing.

    I still use hardcase luggage, but it is quite old. It's old enough that it predates 'spinner' luggage with four wheels as mine only has two wheels. If I remember correctly, it is Samsonite purchased from Service Merchandise! One of the hardcase bags, also a Samsonite, was purchased in Italy. Of course, it doesn't look like old trunks like those suitcases at Nordstorm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, but I still appreciate the effort at least!

      I'm certainly old enough to remember when 4-wheel luggage was still a novelty! My first actual suitcase of my own (which I got from the Gottschalks in Port Angeles) was an early spinner one, and my current one is too, but I believe my parents still have all 2-wheel luggage. It's all soft-sided, though.

      Delete

Post a Comment