Stripy concrete

Continuing through the produce department, here's a view back towards that arbor (with the floral one visible through it on the right side). This picture is probably the best one I have to show the multicolored detailing on the concrete floor. I have to wonder what method Haggen used here to color this flooring -- this looks far better than any other colored concrete flooring I've ever seen; in particular, it hardly even looks like concrete unless you look closely. I suspect this isn't actually the main floor slab we're looking at, but rather a new layer placed on top of it, which would also explain why there are no floor scars even though I'm sure this isn't original to the store (looks way newer than 1991); still, I've seen some places use that technique (though not colored like this) and it didn't turn out looking nearly as nice.

Comments