All sorts of curved structures

Stepping back a bit, the overall decor in this part of the store looks amazing, with the various overhead structures, deluxe lighting, and overall upscale design. The curved island counter is home to the typical deli meats and cheeses, along with a large "gourmet cheese" section on the right, something that you don't see at all in a typical Safeway. (Strangely, the "delicatessen" sign is off to the left, above the prepared foods counter.) 


On an unrelated note, this is my 4000th post on this blog! (That would make it post 4,950 in total.) I didn't plan it this way, but I'm happy that lined up with such a cool store, and a true Northwest classic grocery brand. I mentioned when I hit 3000 that I was hoping by the next milestone to finally have more pictures posted than remain in the backlog; I did manage that, but only barely, as my backlog is approximately 4,900 photos currently. That still means I've taken roughly 1500 photos in the time it took me to post just 1000, so the backlog is still trending in the wrong direction, but that still feels pretty nice. At this point, I've photographed the vast majority of the stuff I'm interested in in the Seattle area, but it feels like there's always more to see (remodels, store openings, store closings, ...), and I keep branching out well beyond the Seattle area (I'm starting to plan the retail components of another vacation in the coming months), so I'm not in any danger of running out of material! Now, if only there was anyone else up here interested in joining me in retail photography, I would be thrilled! 🙂

Comments

  1. Congrats on the milestone! I guess the large backlog is good for those of us who read the blog. There will be a lot of fresh content for quite a while!

    I obviously cannot help you photograph retail in the Northwest, but I did almost take a photo for the Fresher than Fresh files today. I was at a local Kroger today, a Grocery Palace Krogertsons no less, and they had a few bottles of milk in the dairy case with an expiration/best by date of April 25th! They weren't even marked down on clearance like most of the things which are nearing their expiration date in the Kroger dairy case. Perhaps Kroger should start a new marketing campaign about being more spoiled than spoiled, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Northwest RetailMay 1, 2022 at 8:30 PM

      Thanks! Yeah, quite a while to say the least... I could go for three and a half years if I stopped taking new photos right now! 🙂

      Yikes, that's quite bad! I've noticed that milk dates at my Safeway have been extremely variable lately, but I haven't seen anything past its expiration date yet. (Though a few weeks ago, they had a bunch of milk that was expiring that same day and wasn't marked down, which was quite surprising...)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the 4,000 mark! As we've all learned, this photography thing is pretty addictive, so a huge backlog is just a happy side effect of all this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Northwest RetailMay 1, 2022 at 8:31 PM

      Thanks! That's for sure! 😃

      Delete

Post a Comment