Hexagons and beauty

Being a 2020 remodel, this store got the hexagon-filled late-Banner version of the health and beauty decor, and the wall decor that was eventually installed is the Urban Mix version. Meanwhile, the store's layout continues to be awkward in smaller ways than my layout drawing captures -- just as the card department spills over into health and beauty, health and beauty stretches into the central aisles off to the left. I'm sure people who shop here on a regular basis get used to it, but there's a lot of tourist traffic here, and this store's unintuitive layout is sure to trip them up!

Comments

  1. I can't say I've ever seen that hexagon-filled signage before at a Kroger. I can't say I've seen columns like that at a Kroger either, at least on the inside, but maybe that's a typical Fred Meyer feature.

    With the north-south and east-west aisles being numbered here, I wonder if the employees ever say something like "mouthwash is over at the intersection of 25th & 38th," lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That signage, with its Artisan/Urban Mix-like hexagons, was only used in the very latest Banner remodels, starting in 2020 or so. For some reason, Kroger really likes using hexagons for health and beauty these days!

      No, those columns are just as non-standard as practically everything else in this store...

      Delete

Post a Comment