Car dealership inflatable guys

The downtown Seattle business group has been putting temporary art installations in various empty storefronts around town, including this one next to Barnes & Noble. I thought the multicolored inflatable waving things (is there a real name for these things?) in this window were fun! I thought I had gotten a better picture of the one next door, which was made up of a bunch of spheres on a blue background (something of an abstract ocean scene, perhaps), but I guess not -- thankfully, it is on Street View, at least.

Comments

  1. Although those inflatable dancers (I have no idea if that's the official name for them or not, lol) are typically associated with car dealers, the former Mall of the Mainland Sears in the Houston area used to use one of those occasionally before the store closed in 2019. It was quite a strange sight!

    The World Gym that had been at the former Mall of the Mainland Foley's/Macy's moved out of that spot and took over the old Sears building that was quite extensively remodeled on the inside. It's a bit strange to see department stores like that turned into gyms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting to see those used at a major chain like Sears! Furniture stores are the only other place that I'm used to seeing them around here (there's one in Port Angeles that almost always has one up).

      Delete
  2. Ha, I don't know what to call them either, but I love these things too 😄

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment