North end

The north end of the complex has yet another small strip mall, which appears to have been built connecting two older buildings (only one of which is visible in this picture). I find it interesting how Westwood Village's redevelopment left it with a bunch of small (3-5 tenant) strip malls rather than being one large building -- I suppose that's probably because they wanted to reuse most of the existing buildings from before the redevelopment (I believe the only thing to be torn down completely was the west side of the main mall corridor). This north building seems to be the low-rent part of the complex, with a dialysis clinic, a liquor store (which has since been replaced with a private vehicle license place -- Washington's system for vehicle/drivers' licensing is utterly bizarre, but that's a topic for another day, and so is liquor stores for that matter), and a lot of empty space. 


Well, it's almost the holidays, and I'm heading out for the next week and a half, so I'll be back in 2022! I hope everyone has a good end of the year, and maybe, just maybe, next year will be a little better than the past two.

Comments

Post a Comment