Orange and red


 While not much has truly changed over here -- this store didn't even get the larger self-service deli cases that many Modern remodels included -- it's clear that this area has a significantly different feel post-remodel. I suspect most of that is down to the new lighting, which makes this area look significantly less upscale than in the Lifestyle v2 days, but also helps brighten it up a significant amount. I like that, but I also think Lifestyle v3 would look very nice with the Lifestyle v2 lighting, which emphasizes the decor with spotlights on the product photos and by making the uplighting behind the signs pop a lot more.

Comments

  1. I've been in some Lifestyle v2 stores with the spotlight style lights where the store lighting level seemed okay, but I've been in others where the store was too dark and dank looking with those lights. I guess that's why Safeway changed a lot of those lights back to strip lights. I can't tell how bright this store was with the spotlights because that's hard to judge from a photo, but I think going with the strip lights was a safe bet to satisfy shoppers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the old dim lighting was certainly rather unpopular! I wish Safeway would have used nicer new lighting than the plain strip fixtures with exposed florescent tubes, but this is still an improvement from a practical perspective.

      Delete

Post a Comment