Backlit meats

While all the departments we've seen so far have basically the same style of sign, there's a completely different style waiting in the back of the store, used for (most of) the non-service departments. This is a completely different design, with a cutout sheet of metal sitting in front of it. It's an interesting design, and I like it in concept, but I feel it's not super well executed here -- the backlight seems overly bright, and because there are no sides to the box (if that makes any sense), a lot of light spills out around the sign, which looks a bit odd in my opinion (especially when the sign isn't viewed straight on, as we'll see later). 


Another element I haven't mentioned yet is the upper border to the decor, which is made up of what looks to be tin ceiling tiles. It looks nice, but I still feel like this was a rather bizarre choice, as it does not tie in to the rest of the decor in any way.

Comments

Post a Comment