Stepping inside

Heading inside the front entrance, you immediately run into the floral department, with the the Starbucks and bakery visible in the background. If you've seen any of my other Safeway sets, you'll know that this is in no way normal, and it just gets weirder from here. (Floral is sometimes right inside the main entrance, but having floral, Starbucks, and the bakery all in the same part of the store is bizarre.) I absolutely need to draw up a floor plan for this store, but I don't have the energy today (tomorrow, I promise!), especially since AutoCAD cut off my student license and I have to figure out how I'm going to make them now.   


It wasn't until I looked back at this picture that I realized I haven't seen this service animal sign in a very long time. They used to be prominently placed at the entrance to every Safeway around here, but they must have been supplanted by COVID signage when that became a thing.

Comments

  1. I don't think I've ever seen that service animal sign at a Randall's. Granted, people carrying their dogs with them to shop might be more of a Seattle thing (probably someone driving a Subaru, lol) than a Houston thing, lol, but I can see it happening at some of the Randall's in the ritziest Houston neighborhoods...which tends to be Randall's specialty in Houston these days anyway. I did see someone carrying their dog with them within Willowbrook Mall one of the last times I was there. I can't say I ever saw that before!

    As for the combination of Starbucks, the floral department, and the bakery being clustered together up-front, it's possible that a Randall's in Houston might have that, but I can't think of which one off the top of my head might have that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yeah, you're probably right that it's a Seattle thing -- though I remember it being a fairly large issue in Port Angeles growing up, too! You see lots of people in both places with pets where they probably don't belong, sometimes trying to make people think they're service animals, but sometimes not even bothering with that. (And Port Angeles people certainly don't follow the stereotypes of Seattleites!)

      Yeah, I can't imagine that combination of departments is completely unique, but I doubt there's another Safeway out there that's even particularly close to this one's layout...

      Delete

Post a Comment