Park>

My favorite of the cool signs at this store has to be the indoor sign, pointing from the upper parking area to the main garage under the store. It's not unique -- there's at least one other Safeway just in Seattle with the exact same sign -- but it's still cool. Directly above the opening to the garage is another unusual sign -- "Welcome to Safeway", with the first line in an odd script font that reminds me of the 90s Pastel Arches decor (which I'm 99% sure this store never had). In person, there are also some very obvious marks left over from the old logo, probably swapped out in the Lifestyle remodel. And then flanking that are a couple giant "NO EVENT PARKING" signs -- I bet people tried to cheat and park here all the time during events at the old Key Arena (just a couple blocks east of this store), and will again when it opens as the Amazon-sponsored arena. 


Off to the right of that is the store's one and only loading dock -- loading is accomplished by backing a full-size semi all the way from the street into that space, which seems a little crazy to me, but I guess that's just how it goes in a dense urban environment like this. Also, the lady in that red car totally saw me taking this picture -- oops! (She had stopped for me to cross in front of her, while I was expecting her to just keep driving...)

Comments