Looking in

Something about the combination of the existing Albertsons design here (with the open ceiling around the perimeter and drop ceiling over the aisles) with the new Safeway Modern decor really gives this store an upscale look, in my opinion. (I know some of you are going to disagree due to the flooring, but whatever... that's just something I'm not going to agree with most people on, it appears.) Honestly, I think this is one of the best-looking Safeways around at this point, at least on the interior. That's all general talk because there isn't much specific to look at here, but one more oddity of this remodel I noticed: the case in the entryway (which used to hold grab-and-go beverages and now holds produce arrangements) had doors installed during the remodel, something I've never seen Safeway do in remodels elsewhere. Some pre-merger Albertsons stores had refrigerated cases with doors on them, and they've been left in place, but I've never seen them in a pre-merger Safeway, and Safeway doesn't seem to have any interest in adding them to stores during remodels -- except in this one small instance, for some reason.

Comments

  1. "I know some of you are going to disagree due to the flooring..."

    Yep, I'm disagreeing with you here, lol. That line of patchy concrete there is not a good look regardless of how good everything else might look. At least that is my take on matters, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment