Cart vestibule

While this store looks a lot different to the old Port Angeles Albertsons on the outside (and on the inside too), the layout is surprisingly similar. The Port Angeles store had almost the exact same entryway setup, except the cart storage was outdoors rather than indoors -- the doors were off to the left, parallel to the front of the store (here, they're behind me and perpendicular to the front wall). I found that quite amusing because as a kid, I always thought that our Albertsons would have been better with the cartwell as an interior space! (I have no idea why... I was clearly an odd child 😉) Anyway, I have no idea whether, in this store, it was built this way or converted at a later date, but the fact that it's so similar makes me lean towards the latter option.

Comments