Fishmonger, etc.

I'm back! Hopefully all of you had a good holiday -- at least, to the extent possible this year. While holidays aren't a huge deal in my family, I enjoyed the week off with my parents. Christmas did end up a little bit weird for me, though, but not for COVID reasons -- my parents' oven died on christmas eve, followed by their dishwasher on christmas morning, so we had to punt on our cooking plans (and spend a lot of the day washing dishes by hand -- dishwashers are great!), but it all worked out in the end. 


Anyways, back to the subject at hand... Here's a view of the service department grand aisle at New Seasons, adorned with extremely trendy names for the various departments (it seems like intentionally old-fashioned wording is all the rage when it comes to higher-end grocery stores these days). At least there is some signage here, unlike the blank white walls found at the nearby PCC. I quite like the signage they used, too! Sadly, it's quite clear here that the end is near (oops, that rhymed a bit more than I intended!), with the service departments deserted and the cases empty.

Comments