Looking back

Here's a look back from the refrigerated section behind produce up towards the entrance. (Wow, two pictures in a row in which generic white guys are giving me weird looks! I had to look back to see if it was the same one...) I don't think I mentioned the giant expansion (seismic?) joint in the middle of the fresh grocery section last time -- I suspect this is dividing the tower portion of the building from the low-rise mall portion. Also of note is the new pattern on the concrete floor, which I think looks quite nice and does a great job of breaking up the blandness of a plain concrete floor. It also probably helps to hide the blemishes often found on concrete floors in remodeled stores, though I didn't notice anything too bad here (which makes me think they went to a lot of effort to clean up the floor, since I would have expected some serious damage considering the multiple conversions this space has gone through!).

Comments