New (wrong) aisle markers

Unsurprisingly, this store got new, proper aisle markers (something that was conspicuously absent prior to the remodel, despite them being used in full-size stores with PFresh grocery departments -- pretty sure I forgot to mention that earlier). Unfortunately, they were installed completely wrong. Normally, they're installed parallel to the actionway, so that the aisle numbers make sense (since Target is one of those stores that numbers each side of each aisle separately), but here they're installed parallel to the aisles, repeating the mistake that Walmart always makes. (Yes, I'm sure there are some other Targets out there with this design, and I've probably ranted about this before when talking about Walmart, but it's still wrong!)

Comments

  1. The numbering system aside though, wouldn't it make more sense to have the aisle markers perpendicular to the aisles like this? That way you can actually see them while you're walking in the actionway, rather than having to stand in front of each one individually in order to be able to read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, and I agree when it comes to normal stores that have one number per aisle. (Safeway's recent decor packages are a good example of this.) However, when you have double-numbered aisles (which I'm not a fan of in the first place...), I feel like you need them the other way for the double numbering to make sense. 🤷‍♂️

      Perhaps Kroger-style tri-siders would be the best bet, but I'm not aware of any recent decor package that uses tri-siders coupled with double-numbered aisles. (I know some older Target decor packages have tri-siders, but I don't think their design worked great for this either...)

      Delete

Post a Comment