Back right

 To wrap up this set, here's a picture of the back right corner of the store. This one certainly didn't turn out as well as most of the ones from this set, but I still thought it was a cool angle. 


So, if you couldn't tell, I really like this store! Still, I can't say I agree with the author of that blog post that this is the ultimate grocery store design with the Safeway Marina stores being a poor knock-off. For one, the fact that Marina stores were highly successful and hundreds were built, while this design was abandoned after four were built (and only one to the full original design), indicates that the Marina model was more practical as a grocery store. And secondly, as I mentioned earlier, the Marina design is really unmatched in terms of interior design and customer experience, with that soaring ceiling. But, of course, I really don't have anything bad to say about this store, and it certainly gets points as a local northwest design!

Comments