Coffee and books

The far end of the front wall is home to the Coffee Room, which houses both the World Cup Cafe and some more bookshelves. Unusually for a bookstore, customers are encouraged to bring books from around the store and read them here, hence the library-style book-reshelving cart. I would have liked to try out their offerings, but the pastry case was pretty much empty and I'm never particularly interested in paying coffeeshop prices for beverages (though now looking at this picture, I see an ad for handmade ice cream sandwiches, which I wish I had noticed back when I was here! It's a year too late now -- in fact, today is a year to the day since this visit! It's crazy how much has changed since then -- I'm probably not going to be able to get any sort of summer vacation this year.)

Comments