Aisle 1

While the assortment of products in this aisle isn't quite as weird as the aisle marker implies (dairy and deli products are along the back wall, not mixed in with toys and hair stuff), I still always find it interesting to see the variety of non-food items that Grocery Outlet carries. While I've never actually shopped at one, they have some interesting stuff, and kind of remind me of (the old) Big Lots, just with a much larger emphasis on food. The thing is, while I like buying general merchandise products from this type of bargain store, I'm not so thrilled about buying food (especially fresh food) from a place like this -- perhaps that's unfounded, but when I was growing up we ran into some serious quality issues with the discount grocery stores in Port Angeles that made my family give up on the concept.

Comments