Welcome to the downtown Seattle Bed Bath and Beyond!

Time for something a little different in terms of the type of store I usually post on here! I'm not sure when this store opened, but I'm guessing it was sometime in the 90s, and lasted until fall 2018 when it closed as part of a wave of Bed Bath and Beyond closures. This store was in an interesting location in the bottom levels of a parking garage built (I'm guessing as an office or retail building, but hard to say) in 1929, off on the north edge of downtown. This store, with it's oddball giant signs (especially the billboard-like one on the roof, a very unusual design that I haven't seen elsewhere), was long a landmark of my commute, standing on 3rd Ave (Seattle's famous transit street) right at a point where my bus always seemed to get stuck in traffic... yet it took me until quite a bit into the closing to me to actually stop in to check this place out.

Comments