Clearance on clearance

Having completed a loop of the upper floor, now we're looking back at the front end and entrance, as well as what looks to have been the permanent clearance department (slightly ironic with the whole rest of the store on clearance as well). I swear I've seen these particular clearance signs elsewhere (and not just at closing stores), but I can't seem to remember where. Over towards the left is the cleaning supplies section, with a green sign (there must be some sort of color coding in this decor package, though it seems somewhat random what departments get what colors) that appears to be somewhat damaged and pointing in the wrong direction -- these signs look to be very cheaply made, and (in this store at least) commonly in fairly bad shape.

Comments

  1. Hmm, if you find out let me know, because I've always associated them exclusively with Bed Bath & Beyond... Also, yep, I believe you're right about the color coding (although I couldn't tell you what the colors stand for either, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, maybe I'm just crazy 🙂 It's also entirely possible that I'm thinking of another of the many stores owned by Bed Bath & Beyond -- I used to shop at World Market quite a bit and it wouldn't surprise me if they used the same clearance signs. 🤷‍♂️

      Delete
    2. Good point, I hadn't thought about that possibility! It's been so long since World Market vacated my area, I don't remember... but it certainly seems plausible.

      Delete
    3. So I was just at a Bed Bath & Beyond and a World Market, and only the former had this style of clearance sign. So that theory doesn't seem to be going anywhere... (If these signs are common elsewhere, I probably have a picture somewhere in my backlog, but I don't even know where I would start!) Also, sad to hear that World Market left your area -- I love that store!

      Delete
    4. Eh, no need to be sorry at this point; it's been 11 years :P Still have some nice wooden boxes engraved with their logo, though!

      Delete

Post a Comment