Floorbertsons

For anyone who hasn't been getting the hints, you should be able to figure it out by now -- this is the last store in the region with the famous Grocery Palace decor, as I teased (with the floor logo from this picture) back when I was doing my live travel pictures. The faux-terrazzo floor with the inlaid Albertsons logo is a distinctive feature of the stores built with this decor package, and it's a feature that I really wish Albertsons had kept going beyond its short lifespan. As you can see in the background, this store isn't completely original, but it's almost all there, and most of the exciting features are certainly still present.

Comments

  1. As crazy and garish as it may be, Grocery Palace will always be my favorite supermarket decor. Even with the minor modifications, it's still nice to see this decor going strong all these years later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I wouldn't go quite that far, but it's certainly quite an interesting decor package, and I too am certainly glad that it still exists in the wild!

      Delete

Post a Comment