Circular car dealership

None of my pictures of this place turned out particularly good, but I decided this building is too interesting to skip! This certainly isn't the normal content on this blog, but I always love oddball buildings, so I couldn't resist including a picture of this circular car dealership that's just across the street from the old Albertsons. This building was built in 1966, and I don't know much more about it than that, other than the fact that there's an old drawing of a building that looks awfully similar hanging in the entryway to Architecture Hall at the UW. This place was actually supposed to be torn down a few years back, as it was bought by the city as the site for a new police station, but that sparked a political battle a few years back and it looks like those plans are dead for the time being. (Thankfully, that is, at least for this cool building!)

Comments