Pseudo-skylight

I've never been sure how I feel about the faux skylights that were such a thing for much of the later part of the 20th century. They can look nice if done well (which this one certainly is not, with its mismatched diffusers and uneven lighting, though I suppose that's probably in large part due to its age), but still, they're always a very poor substitute for a real skylight! Anyways, it certainly adds to the retro feel of this place, and in that regard fits quite nicely with the ancient decor, weird lighting, and weird-colored vinyl floors. Most of the cases certainly don't look to have ever been replaced either, making this store a real period piece.

Comments

  1. Look at that old wall signage. About the faux skylights, I don't like the either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's certainly vintage... just not in a particularly good way (in my opinion at least)!

      Delete

Post a Comment