Food Nourishment

This is a rather abrupt transition, I have to admit. I'm not sure why I didn't get any pictures between that last one or this one -- probably because I always feel weird taking pictures in drug stores, especially Rite Aids as they tend to be rather empty of customers. Anyways, this is the store's food department, located in the front right corner.

As you can see here, this store has what I refer to (for fairly obvious reasons) as Rite Aid's Green decor (apparently officially called the Wellness decor, if I'm understanding this press release correctly). For the longest time, I thought this was Rite Aid's current decor package for some reason, newer than the fancier "Circle"/Wellbeing decor package. But digging in a bit more, it looks like I got those backwards. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what their current decor package actually is, in large part because they really don't seem to be remodeling many stores these days, let alone opening new ones.

If anyone's wondering about the lack of Walgreens talk here, well, that's because, unlike in most of the country, Rite Aid and Walgreens are still (somewhat) healthy competitors here, rather than being involved in a poorly-done "merger". Of course, Rite Aid isn't exactly doing so great here either, but at least they're still around for the time being.

Comments

  1. Interesting... I'm fairly certain that the "circle" package is still the current décor (or some iteration of it, anyway), but I was under the impression it was called Wellness (as the stores heavily namedrop that term inside and out, from what I've seen). I've not seen this green décor before, that I know of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been too (for the same reason), until I saw those links. Rite Aid was using the Wellness branding back in the Green Decor era, however. Also, I have recently(ish) seen one plan set for a Rite Aid remodel, which mentioned the "Wellbeing" decor package (though sadly without any decor plans)... at the time, I assumed that referred to the Green Decor, but I suppose it was probably actually the Circle Decor.

      Delete
    2. Pretty strange if indeed the circle package officially is not termed Wellness despite the prevalence of that term in its branding :P Regardless, though, I'm interested to see more of this green décor. I'd already like to make comparisons to the circle décor, but I can't fairly do that just based on this photo alone XD

      Delete

Post a Comment