Quality Meat

The meat department is on the left wall of this store, and doesn't appear to have changed very much since Albertsons left (though those cases on the left do appear to be new). Surprisingly, Saar's kept the service counter here, unlike in their Port Angeles store.

p.s. - for anyone who actually cares about the bakery thing I've been rambling on about for a while now, curiosity got the better of me and I went back down there today. Turns out that yes, the bakery was in the front right part of the store, and the bakery sign was on that blank grid panel from the first interior picture! Not sure how I didn't notice it the first time... Then, when I got back, I found this picture from storewanderer on Flickr showing the area - not sure how I missed that either! (Sadly, I expect it, and their other pictures of this store in the Albertsons era, will likely disappear from Flickr soon -- damn you SmugMug!) I just wish I could find a picture showing the area off to the left of that picture -- there's another sign panel where the only letter remnant I could figure out was a capital M in the middle, and I have no idea what that could have been from. It did look like there was a wall removed, so it probably wasn't part of the bakery. I'm guessing that was Deli Meat & Cheese, since on further reflection, the labelscar from the last picture does not look like "& Ch" but rather "& Be", though the first letter is definitely a D since it was uncovered today. Perhaps that one was "Dairy & Beverages"? Anyways, all this was a complicated way of saying that while I really don't know what was going on here, I feel like I'm a little bit closer to solving this silly little mystery of mine - even if no one read this all the way through 🙂

Comments

  1. Not sure if it will help any, but here are some more albums from flickr of other Blue and Gray Market Albertsons stores to compare what the signage may look like:

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ssbn737rm/2746411699/in/photostream/ (scroll left for more)
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ssbn737rm/3419542765/in/photostream/ (scroll left for more)
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16441604@N07/sets/72157604169795599 (Blue and Gray mixed in throughout this album)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that! All sorts of interesting stuff there -- especially in that last album!

      Delete

Post a Comment