Welcome to the Northwest Retail Blog!

With Flickr no longer an option in the long term, I'm going to be posting over here for the foreseeable future. While I'll miss Flickr in theory, I'm starting to really like this platform and don't really want to continue to support Flickr anyway.

Beyond the change in venue, I also will be changing my upload format from now on. In general, instead of posting 10-15 pictures on a weekly basis, I'll be posting 2 or so each day. I'm not sure which option most people prefer from a viewing perspective -- I personally prefer shorter frequent uploads, but that's just me -- but it should make it a bit less of a burden for me and allow more flexibility when I don't have the time to upload on certain days. Additionally, since this is a blog format, I will be occasionally posting full-length posts when I feel it fits the content better, particularly for "bonus content"-type posts and other stuff that's out of the ordinary.

For all of you reading this, thanks for following me over here, and special thanks to those of you who provided comments on the earlier "beta" blog posts. Please continue to let me know what you think of this setup -- all feedback is appreciated!

Stay tuned for my first "special" post, followed by the start of the new normal after that!

p.s. - the image at the top is a Google Photos-created "animation" from a bunch of mistake pictures at an undisclosed store that will be the subject of a post sometime well into the future. Funny how well these accidental pictures turned out!

Comments

  1. Looking forward to all your new content! I think the two-photos-per-day format will be good. Personally, I think that might be better than my once-a-week format on flickr in keeping everyone's attention (and getting through more photos in a quicker fashion!), if only I had the time for that :P Anyway though, I digress. Can't wait to see all you come up with, and by the way - neat animation, too! Google Photos made one of those for me a few months ago; glad to know it actually works when posted :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're right, I suppose I do need to get through pictures faster than I have been... I still worry about running out, but I probably need to stop that 🙂 Still sitting on breaking news from summer 2017 here...

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! Yeah, I used to worry about that as well, but now I'm hopelessly behind :P

      Delete

Post a Comment