The fake turnstiles are clearly based on New York's old Metrocard system and its old-fashioned magnetic strip technology. I wonder if there are any transit agencies out there that still use swipe-based fare cards -- it was never that common of a system in the first place since transit systems were early adopters of contactless tap card systems, and most systems I've encountered that did use magnetic strips generally used them on paper tickets that you would insert into the ticket machine/fare gate instead of swiping like New York's system.
The fake turnstiles are clearly based on New York's old Metrocard system and its old-fashioned magnetic strip technology. I wonder if there are any transit agencies out there that still use swipe-based fare cards -- it was never that common of a system in the first place since transit systems were early adopters of contactless tap card systems, and most systems I've encountered that did use magnetic strips generally used them on paper tickets that you would insert into the ticket machine/fare gate instead of swiping like New York's system.
Comments
Post a Comment