CVSafeway

This store is one of the only Andronico's locations (if not the only one) to open after the chain was bought by Safeway, and one of the first to get the revived Andronico's name (after the short-lived Safeway Community Markets brand was dropped). It's quite interesting to see Albertsons/Safeway open a small-format store like this so recently -- this store is only 20,000-ish square feet, in half of what was once seemingly some sort of small-format Albertsons. It is quite a nice looking store, I must say, and I wonder if it was something else before Albertsons took over since it doesn't look much like something they would build. 

This seems to be a pretty upscale part of San Francisco -- there's a golf course right behind the store, and plenty of waterfront real estate around -- but the cars here are more what I would expect from Seattle, with an older Forester on the left and a vintage Toyota van in the previous picture!  

Comments

  1. Ha, 20,000 sq. ft. would make this Andronico's quite spacious compared to a couple of urban Dallas Tom Thumb stores (both of which are Safeway boomerang stores as they started out as Safeway stores originally)!

    I'm surprised you didn't mention the Smart car! That seems like a stereotypical San Francisco car, though I'm sure there are/were quite a few of those in Seattle as well. The Forester is certainly a Seattle type car. Old Toyota Siennas are pretty common everywhere (at least outside of the Rust Belt), and the ones here generally have broken door handles. Actually, the one in your photo has mis-matching door handles, so at least one of them probably broke and were replaced with a random junkyard door handle. I suppose door handles weren't a strong point on those vans!

    I'm getting closer and closer to making my new car decision and it is certainly looking like a grayscale color is likely, though maybe I'll get cold feet on that and will go in a different direction, lol. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment