To the right

This store (especially the parking lot) was absolutely packed on this visit, much different from last time! I imagine it's busy enough to still do well for Safeway despite not being in a great neighborhood (something that doesn't seem to matter to Kroger, which has closed some very high-volume stores in similar areas). 

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonAugust 28, 2026 at 11:09 PM

    Ha, a full parking lot and not a single Subaru in sight! You could fool someone into thinking this is near Tacoma, but it really isn't. There are a lot of domestic cars to make up for the lack of Subarus, something which probably isn't all that common in most of the Seattle area.

    While there aren't any Subarus here, the grayscale factor of the cars is still very much alive! For better or for worse, that matches the color of the Safeway. As I've said before, I'm planning on buying a car before the year is out and, unfortunately, I might have to buy a grayscale color car as some models only really come in those these days! Not all cars are like that, but we'll see! I'm warming up to the idea of maybe getting a silver car as at least that color will reduce the interior temperature by a noticeable margin on hot, sunny days here. At least I can justify that on pragmatic grounds and I think silver is the least popular of the four major grayscale colors in modern times. Hopefully I won't be vilified in the retail enthusiast community if I do buy a grayscale color car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, at least there is an old Forester in the other picture, and it's even red!

      Are silver cars that much less popular than they used to be? I thought silver was the most popular car color! I have mixed feelings about silver cars, but at least they're better than white or that ugly flat grey that's becoming popular.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous in HoustonAugust 29, 2026 at 10:06 PM

      Silver was very popular in the 2000s and parts of the 2010s, but dark grey, like on that newer Chevrolet Malibu in the photo above, has overtaken silver as the non white/black grayscale color of choice. And, of course, white and black remain very popular.

      I'm surprised silver would be popular in Seattle as it probably doesn't have great visibility in fog, cloudiness, and rain! OTOH, it does have good visibility to other drivers in sunny weather and at night. Those are probably more important to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment