Fresh from 9,000 fields

The produce department looks pretty much exactly like any other Lifestyle v2 store, not that there's anything wrong with that! While the classic X-lights and diagonal pattern were gone, this store still retained the old price tag band and crouton pegs above the main produce cases, something that disappeared from many stores at the same time. It's hard for me to imagine how Safeway operated with single-deck produce cases and a single row of shelf tags at the top of the case for so long -- they must have had significantly less selection than they do these days. 

Anyway, just a few days after hitting 9 years, we're now up to post 9,000 on this blog! It's hard to believe I've made it this far, especially after largely losing interest several years ago. Meanwhile, the backlog continues to go down, with just over 4,000 photos left and very few being added over the past year. I figure I'm going to keep going as I am currently until at least 10 years/10,000 posts, then something might have to change. 

Also, on previous milestone posts, there's been a bit of discussion about exactly how many pictures that number of posts represents. After the Blogger scare a couple weeks ago, I downloaded the complete contents of this blog, and it told me I have well over 11,000 images uploaded. Not all of those are photos, and I'm guessing there are some duplicates in there since that number was a lot more than I expected, so I'm guessing the total number of my own photos is somewhere between 10,000 and 11,000. Unfortunately, that many files in one folder (actually more like 25,000 files because there's at least one data file attached to each image) makes my computer unhappy, so it's hard to say for sure! 

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonAugust 18, 2026 at 10:04 PM

    Happy 9,000 posts! I feel fairly certain your blog is the only one with anywhere near that many posts! And, hey, one of those posts is a guest post from me! It always feels fitting when an anniversary post is a Safeway one, especially a Lifestyle v2 one!

    This is probably more related to yesterday's discussion, but my local Randall's has received those automatic turnstile gate type things that Kroger has been using here for a few years now. I wonder if your Safeways have those.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment