I'm not really sure why I took this extreme close-up of the aisle marker for "aisle" 14 (which is really just the produce department), but I'm keeping it in just because it's fun to have something unusual from time to time! Plus, it's quite difficult to find proper Lifestyle v2 aisle markers these days, and it already was somewhat difficult back in 2018 thanks to the Lifestyle refreshes that happened in the mid-2010s.

Fortunately, in my opinion at least, this style of Lifestyle v2 aisle marker still survives at my local Randall's even when it got the Colorful Lifestyle remodel a few years ago. In fact, at some point along the way, Randall's stopped updating aisle markers during their Colorful Lifestyle v2 remodel spree. I think these front-facing aisle markers work better at a store like my local Randall's with differing ceiling heights throughout the store...kind of like this Marina Safeway I suppose.
ReplyDeleteIn some ways, the side-facing aisle markers are easier to read when going down an actionway, but I guess I'm just used to the more traditional design! Plus, these old aisle markers seem heavy and durable...at least compared to modern Kroger aisle markers! I know that isn't saying much.
Interesting! Around here, most stores were switched over to Lifestyle v3 aisle markers before Colorful Lifestyle was even a thing. A few Safeway divisions did "refreshes" on some of their stores in the years leading up to the Albertsons merger, with the Seattle division being particularly prolific.
DeleteSafeway's aisle markers (with the notable exception of Lifestyle v1) have generally held up well over the years compared to Kroger's or (especially) Albertsons'. The vertical rectangles that they've been using since Lifestyle v2.1 in the early 2010s aren't particularly interesting, but in all of the stores I've visited with them, I've yet to see any that look particularly bad.