This store's layout reminds me quite a bit of Safeway -- instead of having a typical "grand aisle" layout, like most Krogers built in this era did, it has most of the service departments on one side of the store and produce on the other. I tend to prefer this layout, and not just because it means the produce department actually gets wall decor! Stores with the typical grand aisle setup end up with the produce and service departments getting all mixed up in a way that I feel makes them more difficult to navigate (which may well be the point, to get people to buy stuff they don't need instead of just going for what they were planning on buying).
I wish I had gotten a picture with both "Fresh from the Fields" and "Fresh from the Farm" in the same shot! I think it would have been possible (though they wouldn't have been legible with this old camera), but maybe I thought of it and just couldn't quite get the right angle for that.

Comments
Post a Comment