JoAnn around the corner


This picture kinda sucks so normally I wouldn't bother posting it, but it is one of the only pictures I ever took of a JoAnn Fabrics while they were still in operation. Craft stores aren't exactly my sort of thing -- sure, JoAnn did sell some baking supplies, but I never understood why since their prices were wildly inflated compared to Walmart or even Safeway. And I have very little interest in crafts that aren't edible! 🙂

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonMay 27, 2026 at 10:22 PM

    Craft stores are useful for various things even if you aren't into crafting. They are good for things like glues and paints. In fact, I bought my hot glue gun from JoAnn about 5-6 years ago! I can't say I go to those stores all the time, but I probably go to one around every 18 months or so.

    I noticed this in the Safeway photos, but the parking lots around here seem very Tacoma-ish even if this is nowhere near Tacoma! While there is a Subaru front and center in the photo, there aren't a lot of them. I see a Saab 9-3 here, an older late 1990s Nissan Sentra (it is more visible in yesterday's photos), and, of course, that Nissan Quest van! I have not seen a Nissan Quest from that era where Nissan co-developed those vans with Ford, where the Ford very similar Ford product was sold as the Mercury Villager, in a very long time! There is probably a Mercury Villager rolling around Tacoma somewhere, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I wouldn't have ever thought to go to JoAnn for stuff like that, I would probably go to a hardware store!

      This area is very mixed demographically. There are some fairly wealthy areas nearby (especially to the west in Edmonds) along with some poorer areas. That explains the wide variety of cars in these pictures, especially since Trader Joe's tends to draw in customers from a much further distance than regular grocery stores like Safeway!

      I saw a Mercury Villager somewhere recently! I think it was back in Port Angeles when I was there over the holiday weekend. It was one of the first-generation ones, even.

      Delete

Post a Comment