You can still get pizza at the Super KWalmart

Domino's at Walmart certainly isn't iconic in the way that Little Caesar's at Kmart once was (in fact, this is the only Walmart I've ever visited that has a Domino's), but it's still quite fitting to see this here. I'm a little surprised that this store has a food tenant at all, since a lot of new Walmarts don't (and a lot of older Walmarts have had theirs close in recent years) -- I guess that lack of interest from their traditional tenants (McDonald's and Subway) has paved the way for less-common chains to show up instead.

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonOctober 9, 2024 at 11:41 PM

    Back in the day (I assume they no longer have this), Wal-Mart got McDonald's to move their McKids clothing line from Sears to Wal-Mart around the same time that so many Wal-Marts got McDonald's locations. I'm guessing there isn't a Domino's Pizza children's clothing line at this Walmart, but who knows!

    There are some strange vendors at Walmarts these days. I know someone in the Houston retail enthusiast community was at a Walmart in Tyler, TX in east Texas and they had a KFC in-store! As strange as that sounds, it is even stranger than that because Walmart Delis usually have fried chicken! We couldn't tell if that location had both Walmart and KFC fried chicken, but I'm guessing it did. Then again, most Walmarts have take-n-bake pizzas so I guess that competes against Domino's Pizza!

    The Domino's storefront here certainly looks more interesting than this Walmart in-store Mr. Gatti's Pizza rendering photo: https://www.restaurantdive.com/news/mr-gattis-pizza-walmart-92-unit-partnership/721190/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea McDonald's ever had a branded clothing line! I'm surprised that was ever a Sears thing -- definitely seems more fitting for Walmart!

      I've never seen a Walmart KFC, but I can't say I'm surprised they exist since there are all sorts of odd Walmart food tenants these days.

      Ugh, that rendering looks really bad. And I was thinking this Domino's didn't look all that great...

      Delete

Post a Comment