Back to the bakery

Turning right at the end of the liquor aisle, we're back to the bakery! We've already seen all this, but there's no such thing as too many pictures of Grocery Palace. It is a bit weird to see Lifestyle fixtures in a Grocery Palace bakery, though. 

Anyway, I saved this photo to post now because this is post number 7,000 on the blog! I may not have done much this year when it comes to getting new pictures (which should change next week when I finally go on another vacation), but I still have over 5,200 photos in reserve (down 300 in the past 1000 posts), so I'm going to be here for a long time to come! Sadly, it isn't very likely that we'll see much more Grocery Palace stuff in the future, but that's why I specifically chose this set for this milestone.

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonOctober 7, 2024 at 9:11 PM

    Happy 7,000th photo! Grocery Palace is a pretty good subject for a landmark post! I wonder where you'll be going on vacation, but hopefully you'll get some good retail photos wherever it is. I guess the big question on future photos, aside from what's in the backlog already, is what will happen with the Krogertsons merger. I suspect you might well give up if Safeway becomes Krogerized and your local Safeway stores get Artisan, but hopefully things won't come to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already told you about it (no, it's not Italy!) -- it's somewhere I've already been before, but I'm definitely planning on getting some new stuff for the blog! There are also a few sets that I've been really excited to post but haven't been satisfied with the quality of the pictures I was able to get, and this will be an opportunity to try again.

      Ugh, I don't even want to think about what will happen if Kroger takes over Safeway... something tells me that my local stores wouldn't last long enough to get Krogerized since they seem to be allergic to non-standard urban stores these days (and I can pretty much guarantee that the vintage rural stores I love featuring would disappear even faster).

      Delete

Post a Comment