Front end


This is a bit of a chaotic picture, but that's what happens when you fill a small store with Mother's Day balloons! It's also the only picture I got of the front end, which is surprising -- I must have been anxious to get back into the beautiful weather outside (and get on my way again). Through the windows, you can see some of the new residential development that's popping up on the hills above this store -- and now that I think of it, I wonder if the developers of the older buildings directly behind this store might have purchased the view/air rights from Safeway, which could explain why this store is still here. (I know that has happened a few times in Seattle, and is the reason for some of the weird empty/underdeveloped lots along our waterfront.)

Comments

  1. It is certainly strange looking out of the front of a Safeway (or Vons!) and seeing a bunch of apartments, or whatever those are, palm trees, and so forth! It is almost like local flair, but it is an actual view! Certainly the view out of this Marina is a lot nicer than what it would have been at other Marina Safeways like those Abilene ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unusual being able to see anything out the front of a grocery store these days! I wish modern stores still had big window walls like this.

      Delete

Post a Comment