A different kind of black hole

The empty video department isn't helping either, and the black decals Save Mart installed over the windows make it highly visible -- a bit of a strange choice. I'm guessing Save Mart is using this for storage and/or office space these days. The Redbox machine on the left is now probably just as dark and unused as the large department it replaced! 

Does anyone know what Albertsons used the CRTs that once were installed in the hole above the windows for? I'm assuming they showed some sort of promotional videos, but I've never seen a picture of them actually in use, which isn't surprising considering how long ago they dropped video rental.

Comments

  1. I don't remember what the TV were for either, but like you, I always thought they showed movie promos/previews too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment