Fiesta rainbow

(If only the colors were actually arranged in a rainbow...)

The Fiestaware section definitely helps break up all of the grey! Most of my dishes (the ones that weren't hand-me-downs from my grandparents) are Fiesta ones that I bought when I got my first apartment in 2017, in various shades of blue (always my favorite color, though that soft green to the right of center on the plates display is really nice too!). They were already a little pricey back then (though certainly not as much as they are now, and I wasn't paying Macy's prices for them!), but they've held up quite nicely for me over the past several years of heavy use.

This is a dangerous part of the store for me -- not only is there a bunch of pretty Fiestaware on display, but there's also a bunch of kitchen stuff in the clearance area! It's a good thing my kitchen is too full for me to buy more stuff!

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonJune 19, 2024 at 10:13 PM

    Huh, black dinner plates! Now that is a new one to me! Maybe they aren't black and they are really a dark purple or blue, but either way, that is pretty strange for a dinner plate! Then again, given current trends, I'm surprised they don't have disagreeable gray dinner plates as well! Oh well, many of the people buying those festive Fiestaware plates will probably be stuffing them into grayscale cars!

    Ugh, you'd think the housewares section at least would be free of a Goodwill-like clearance section, but I guess not! These certainly aren't the Macy's The Cellars that I remember from the 1980s! The funny thing is that Macy's always put The Cellar up on the top floor, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like Fiesta used to make black dishes, but they discontinued them quite a while ago, so I'm guessing those are the very dark blue ones. That, or Macy's hung on to old stock for a very long time! At least it's better than the brown color just to the left!

      Delete

Post a Comment