Excuse me, but I'm already at the center of the store

 

Right in the center of the courtyard is a very non-standard fingerpost sign pointing you to what departments are in what building (with the top sign seemingly serving as a confirmation that yes, both buildings are Vons). I'm not sure what the deal is with the blank sign pointing to the left, and it seems a bit odd to refer to the general aisles as the "center of store" on this sign when they are absolutely not in the center of the store! I know that's a common industry term, but it's not one that the general public typically uses (at least in my experience), and using it here seems more confusing than helpful.

Comments

  1. This looks so much more like a downtown pedestrian promenade area than the middle of a large chain supermarket! So bizarre.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment