Another breaking wave

I really love the curved wall/ceiling piece back in the bedding department, and I wish I knew what the space around it was originally like! I'm guessing it wasn't always painted flat grey like this.  The present-day merchandise presentation really leaves something to be desired for a (theoretically) upscale store like Macy's, with dump bins everywhere and blanket sets haphazardly stuffed into shelves that are clearly not the right size; I'd be afraid to take anything off of those shelves in the background because it looks like any disturbance would result in everything tumbling to the ground like a Jenga tower! 

By the way, the title is an obscure Two Door Cinema Club reference from one of their newer (and apparently less popular, judging by the concert I went to a few weeks ago) albums.

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonJune 18, 2024 at 9:32 PM

    That arch thing looks pretty neat, but the bedding department is a pretty strange place for such a thing unless Macy's is selling sheets for waterbed enthusiasts! Of course, you may not even know what a waterbed is, that trend came and went long before you were born, lol.

    Those wall shelves are obviously a disaster and do are those jail cell dump bins! If someone wants to see all the patterns and/or sizes, they have to pull all those bags out of the bins! That might work for a Ross, though I'm not even sure if they would use dump bins, but this looks really silly at a major department store!

    Ha, I've never heard of Two Door Cinema Club so they're just as obscure as the reference as far as I'm concerned! Probably anyone old enough to know about waterbeds wouldn't know about them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm not quite that young -- waterbeds may have fallen out of fashion quite some time ago, but I know one of my neighbors (who is close to my grandparents' age, so much more in the demographic of people you'd expect for that) had one a while back, and they ended up having to replace it with a regular mattress because it's almost impossible to find a new waterbed these days!

      Yeah, I don't know what Macy's was thinking here! I guess the Backstage department is spilling into the main store, but even that section seemed better put together than this!

      Delete

Post a Comment