Pizza & Cuchina

Back when I talked about the Tutta Bella in the then-new Kirkland Urban QFC, I mentioned that it was probably the best pizza you could get in a grocery store "on this side of the Atlantic". This is the store I had in mind when I wrote that line! I always knew I would make a set about this store some day; now, five years later, I've finally reached that day. (If anything, that's actually sooner than I would have anticipated back in 2019 -- after all, at that point, the only vacation I had taken in several years was that retail road trip to Portland.) When I visited this store sometime back in the early 2010s, the pizza place was something closer to Tutta Bella's QFC locations, a casual, counter-service type of place; however, sometime in the decade since that visit, it had been redone as "Pizza & Cucina" ("Pizza & Kitchen"), a full sit-down restaurant with an expanded menu (including a large pasta selection related to the "Eataly Loves Pasta" thing that was going on). It also hadn't yet opened for the day when I visited shortly before noon (though it appears that they were setting up for opening). Sadly, those factors combined to mean that I didn't actually get an Eataly pizza on this trip -- maybe next time (I'm sure it will be much less than a decade before I get back to Eataly this time!).

Comments