Mystery time

That standard exterior belies the oddities waiting inside. This store is the third in Oregon to have been remodeled to the Woodgrain Lifestyle v3 interior, having been remodeled circa 2021. That's several years after the circa-2018 remodels of the other two stores, one of which I visited on my 2019 Portland trip, but as far as I've been able to tell, all of the other Oregon stores that have been remodeled before or after this one got standard Lifestyle v3 instead. Not long after this store was remodeled, a few east coast Safeways got Woodgrain Lifestyle v3, though without some of the special features of the Oregon stores, but this package has largely remained an enigma for me and the few other people I know who care about Safeway decor packages.

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonApril 28, 2024 at 9:35 PM

    Things look pretty interesting here once you get past the eww factor of the concrete floor. There aren't too many Safeways with dune buggy decor, but I guess that fits with the location of this store on the Oregon Coast. Speaking of which, I think it has been a while since we've seen a post from Oregon, maybe since before my trip there last summer, so this will be a neat store to see!

    Maybe this store had a lot of visitors from California or Tacoma because I don't see any Subarus in the parking lot! Speaking of which, did you see the news that Subaru is going to stop selling the Legacy in the US at least? I think the Impreza sedan was dropped last year as well so Subaru is pretty much irrelevant to me now outside of the BRZ! Granted, they weren't too relevant to me anyway, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the floor is pretty bad. It's not too terrible on this part of the store, but it just keeps getting worse as you head over towards the service department side.

      I think the last time I posted an Oregon store was the other Woodgrain Lifestyle v3 store, and that was late 2022. I didn't realize it had been that long, but I've already posted most of the interesting stuff from my 2019 trip and everything from my 2021 trip, and most of what I visited there in 2023 was disappointing updates to stuff from 2021 (so I'm not super excited about posting that, especially in comparison to the super cool stuff from California). There probably won't be a ton of Oregon content on here anytime soon since I don't have any more trips that direction planned at this point, but you never know!

      Yeah, I don't know what the deal was with the lack of Subarus! I hadn't heard that about the Legacy, but it's not a surprise. The biggest surprise from Subaru for me is that they kept the Impreza hatchback instead of dropping it alongside the sedan version!

      Delete

Post a Comment