Stepping inside

 

That facade isn't the only reason I decided to visit this store, however. It's a big part of the reason I chose this store in particular, but one of the things I was really looking forward to on my California trip was Ultra-Premium, the new decor that originated with Pavilions in the late 2010s before spreading to other divisions (most notably Jewel-Osco and Safeway's Hawaiian stores, which are operated by the NorCal division). I visited two stores with the package on this trip, with this being the more typical Safeway of the pair (the other is a much older and smaller, but also more interesting, store).

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonMarch 2, 2024 at 9:31 PM

    Hey, look, real floors! Nicely polished ones as well! Those might be plain white tiles in the main part of the store so I'm sure you'll be complaining about them soon enough if that is the case, lol.

    The lights here certainly do look a lot better than the lights at that Dallas area Tom Albertsons with Ultra-Premium that I shared with you the other day! Everything here looks pretty nice so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Pavilions knows how to do an upscale store better than pretty much any other Albertsons/Safeway division at this point! The lighting isn't as nice as it would have been in the Pavilions Lifestyle era, but it's still better than what Albertsons used to use. The flooring is pretty OK -- I don't mind it too much when plain white vinyl is used in the middle part of the store, as long as it isn't installed in the entire store!

      Delete
    2. Wait -- there's a store in Dallas with this package?!

      Delete
    3. Yep! And a converted Albertsons at that.

      Delete
    4. Wow, neat! I feel better now that it was nowhere near where I stayed in Dallas in December 😅

      Delete

Post a Comment