At your service

With the emphasis on "service", I hope Pavilions has better staffing than my local Safeways, which have given up on having full-time bakery staff! There's no one visible in the pictures, but I actively try to avoid employees getting in my pictures (for obvious reasons), and I don't remember if they were working somewhere out of frame. I really like the new tile (especially on the curved oven, a Pavilions Lifestyle v2 thing that eventually ended up in many Lifestyle v2.1 stores), but the woodgrain on the cases makes them look straight out of the 70s! The tone of the woodgrain cases and flooring also clashes, with the cases using a material closer to (but not quite the same as) what Modern uses.

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonMarch 9, 2024 at 9:35 PM

    I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I am not a big fan of the trend of grocers using statements where the first word is in a cursive script and the rest in block letters like what we see here. This seems especially bad since it is so big and since the same design is duplicated on the wall. Aside from that, this area looks good, but it is hard for me to ignore those large letters!

    'Patisserie' does appear to be in English dictionaries, but it is really a French word and should, thus, have the circumflex (and, thus, be 'pĆ¢tisserie'). At least an argument could be made for that. I suppose Safeway is fluent in Frenclish, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yeah, you've mentioned that before! It doesn't really bother me, to be honest. What does bother me is the use of pretentious department names, like "patisserie", and including the French accent would make it look even more pretentious! šŸ˜ƒ

      Delete

Post a Comment