Helping make your life easier

 

Taking that picture, I noticed something that I had missed earlier -- a little blue sign at the far end of the dairy department. This looks like a fairly generic sign, nothing specific to the Crates package, but it's also one that I've never seen anywhere else! I'm not sure when Albertsons used this tagline, but it's not one I remember from when I was growing up. 

Below that is a weird mix of plastic half-gallons and paper quarts of milk. I'm used to sizes smaller than a gallon always being in paper (since that's what Safeway has always sold around here), but Oregon's stores tend to have them both in plastic -- apparently, whichever California division this store is in does some of each!

Comments

  1. I remember that slogan on Albertsons' plastic bags from the early 2000's. The bags (which I don't think I've posted a picture of before) had exactly that sign printed on them, just with the text in blue on a white bag, with a blue rectangle border around all of it. That's the only place I remember seeing that slogan though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! It must have been something that they used for a very brief time.

      Delete
  2. “Helping make your life easier” was the Albertsons slogan used after “It’s your store”. This slogan was used from mid-2003 to early 2007. Patricia Heaton (from Everybody Loves Raymond) appeared in TV ads for Albertsons at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment