Fresh dairy restrooms

It seems that the designers of this decor package agree with me that blue is the correct color for the dairy department! 😉 Interestingly, the restroom sign is color-coded to match (or maybe that's just a coincidence). I did use the restroom at this store (but didn't take pictures because I think that's just too weird); it had similar wall tile to the service departments. Off in the background, I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to put the clearance racks right in front of the emergency exit!

Comments

  1. Ha, I'm pretty sure that is a fire code violation!

    I know you've mentioned it before, but I'm surprised Safeway doesn't do the clearance bakery carts in your area. When I was at the Cully Neighborhood Albertsons in Portland, they had the clearance bakery carts...in nearly the same place as my local Blue & Grey Market Krogertsons! Also, my local Grocery Palace Krogertsons also puts their clearance bakery cart near the rear dairy emergency exit, but at least they don't block the door with it like we see here.

    That yogurt graphic looks like one of those early 1980s generic products which came in white and black packaging only!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it definitely is!

      I still don't know what the deal is with that, especially since Kroger does have a bakery clearance section. It seems that Safeway just prefers to sell things at full price right up until their expiration date, since I've seen bakery items expiring the date that I'm shopping plenty of times, just without a discount!

      Delete

Post a Comment